The company SALA was founded in the 1950’s as a mechanical design office. From the early 1960’s the company started building high precision diamond turning machines for finishing special gas taps and fittings.
In the 1970’s the company expanded to also manufacture machines for turning and diamond finishing balls for ball valves.
The characteristics of the vertical spindle have always been part of the technical specifications of our turning machines, whether single spindle or multi spindle (2 or 4 spindles per machine).
Since the early 1990’s, the introduction of the CNC numerical control together with constant research and development have allowed us to extend our fields of application, achieving complete works using fully automatic systems, with the working of pieces that are fixed or rotating.
Research and innovation do not stop:
• 1999 saw the start of the application of LINEAR MOTORS to move the axes, requiring superior speed and precision;
• in 2005 an innovative balls CNC turning system was patented, this permitted achieving a productivity of 2000 pieces/hour;
• in 2006 the BIMU Fair in Milan saw the unveiling of the new “SPINUP” type series of machinery for CNC turning, always with vertical spindle, but in the version with an overturned spindle.